So according to the History Behind Your Favourite Foods, pizza originated in the Greek-founded Neopolis [Today’s Naples, Italy], adding toppings to flatbread called ‘plakountos’.
In 1905, Neopolitan baker Gennaro Lombardi became the first licensed pizza seller in the United States, setting up shop in New York.
We’ve gathered a few awesome mouth-watering pizza recipes you need to make this weekend.
Click the images for recipes.
1. Berry, Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza
2. Chicken Alfredo Pizza
3. Spaghetti Meatball Pizza
4. Beet Pesto with Kale and Goats Cheese
5. Pizza Bianca with Scamorza and Shaved Celery Root
6. Sweet Peach and Corn Pizza
7. Pizza with Snow Crab, Ricotta, Shishito Peppers, and Wasabi Aïoli
8. Breakfast Pizza
9. Loaded Baked Potato Pizza
10. Spring Pizza
11. Butternut Squash and Crispy Sage Pizza
12. Buffalo Chicken Pizza Sticks
13. Cookie Dough Pizza