If there’s two things we LOVE at FoodPorn, it’s cake batter and fudge. So put them together in one recipe and you’ve captured our hearts (and our stomachs).
This absolutely heavenly cake batter fudge was created by Sam from Sugar Spun Run and we’re obsessed. A perfect treat for the cake batter addict who definitely isn’t above eating the entire mixture raw. Fudge is a bit more civilised, right?
The full recipe is here, or scroll down.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (397g)
- 2 cups premium white chocolate chips (340g)
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup white cake mix (not prepared — just use the powdered mix straight out of the box) (60g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons colored sprinkles or a mix of sprinkles and nonpareils + additional to sprinkle on top, if desired
Line an 8×8 pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease or butter the foil. Set aside.
Combine condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until butter and chocolate chips are completely melted and mixture is well-combined.
Reduce heat to low, and add cake mix and vanilla extract.
Stir well, until cake mix is completely absorbed.
Remove from heat and stir in 2 Tablespoons sprinkles/nonpareils. Immediately pour into prepared pan, use a spatula to gently smooth the surface.
Sprinkle with additional sprinkles, if desired. Allow to cool completely, until firm (this will take several hours at room temperature, or you can speed up the process and refrigerate 1-2 hours) before cutting and serving.