This candy sushi is sooooo super sweet! With Rice Krispie Treats as rice and a little gummy fish to top it off, this is the perfect dessert idea for kids and adults alike.
Nicole from Wonky Wonderful whipped this dessert up for her kid’s birthday party and they were so popular that she had requests for the recipe coming in left right and centre.
We think it’s literally the cutest sushi we’ve ever seen. BRB – making some for all our friends, even if we are grown ups!
Click here for the recipe, or scroll down.
- 24oz Bag Jumbo Marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 8 Cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 30+ Swedish Fish Candies
- 2 Boxes Fruit by the Foot
- Prepare large jellyroll pan by lining with wax paper and generously buttering or spraying with nonstick.
- In extra large bowl; combine marshmallows and butter. Microwave 2-2 ½ minutes or until marshmallows have puffed up and almost doubled in size.
- Immediately stir in crispy rice cereal.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and using hands or the bottom of a cup, press evenly into pan.
- Refrigerate until cooled. Once crispy treats are firm, carefully remove wax paper and transfer treats to cutting board.
- Cut treats into small rectangles (approx 3-4″ in length). Form into nigiri sushi shape with hands. This should yield 30+ crispy treats.
- Top each crispy treat with a Swedish fish candy. Trim Fruit by the Foot into strips long enough to wrap around each piece of candy sushi. Wrap around crispy treats and fish candies.