If you’re looking for some variation on your frozen desserts this Summer, look no further than these creamy, decedent coconut and avocado popsicles.
Avocado and coconut is such a perfect combination, but if you want some added crunch, get around the crushed pecans, walnuts or even cacao nibs.
If you haven’t attempted a magic chocolate shell, The Little Epicurean has got links to help you give it a shot! It’s amazing once you master it.
Recipe here, or scroll down.
Coconut Avocado Popsicles:
- 2 large ripe avocados, or 3 small/medium sized
- 14 oz canned coconut milk, full fat
- 3 Tbsp honey, or agave syrup
- 8 oz dark chocolate (I used 70%), chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup candied pecans, chopped (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, puree avocado meat, coconut milk, and honey. Taste mixture. If it is not sweet enough to your liking, add additional honey as needed.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds until almost full. Place a layer of foil over the popsicle mold, followed by the popsicle mold over. Insert wooden sticks into the mold.
- Place filled molds in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or until the popsicles are solid.
- Chocolate Topping: Over a double boiler (bain-marie), melt together chopped chocolate and coconut oil until smooth.
- Unmold frozen popsicles. Dip coconut avocado popsicles in melted chocolate. Immediately sprinkle chopped pecans. If desired, drizzle additional melted chocolate over popsicles. Enjoy immediately, or store in the freezer until ready to serve.