Marsha from Marsha’s Baking Addiction is kind of turning us into baking addicts as well. This recipe for Nutella-stuffed double chocolate muffins is SLAYING our hearts. And our tummies. YUM.
They’re moist, fluffy and when you open them up, warm Nutella OOOOOOZES out of the centre. Actual heaven.
Have a look at the recipe here, or scroll down.
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (170g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (100ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 – 24 teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Spray or butter a 12-hole muffin pan, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin slots, filling only half way. Spoon 1 – 2 teaspoons of Nutella into the centres, then pour the rest of the batter over the tops.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted just off centre (to avoid Nutella) comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.