OMG – we’re actually DROOLING over this recipe. It’s got absolutely everything we need in food – garlic, cheese, bread, pizza toppings… HEAVEN.
The legends over at Cafe Delites have created this beautiful work of art and we are SO ready to make it. They’re calling it garlic bread on steroids which is so appropriate.
You can smother it with garlic, butter and cheese (YES PLS) or can turn it into any of your favourite pizzas! Hawaiian, Meat Lovers, Pepperoni… You name it, it’s possible.
Click here to get the full recipe, or scroll down.
- 1 Pane Di Casa, Vienna or Sourdough loaf of bread, unsliced
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large, ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 3-1/2 ounces | 100 grams mini pepperoni slices
- Fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs or Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 176°C | 350°F degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and crushed garlic. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Place the loaf of bread on a chopping board. Using a sharp bread knife, cut the bread diagonally in rows across the top, down to 1-inches (2 cm) above the base in depth. (Be careful not to cut through to the base of the loaf.) Holding the bread firmly and gently over the top, cut through in rows in the other direction to create diamond shaped wedges.
- Transfer to a baking sheet / tray lined with aluminium foil, or parchment paper.
- Drizzle half of the garlic butter in between each wedge, followed by the pizza sauce. (It doesn’t need to be neat!)
- Follow with the onions, tomatoes, pepperoni slices, basil, and cheese.
- Drizzle the remaining garlic butter over the top of bread and top with the Italian herbs (or seasoning).
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until cheese has started to melted.
- Uncover and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until bread is crunchy and the cheese has melted all the way through.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving.