With this Mac n Cheese in a Mug recipe, our favourite cheesy pasta has never been easier.
Thanks to the genius team at Kirbie’s Cravings, now we can make macaroni and cheese with basically no cleaning up, and IN UNDER FIVE MINUTES.
Srsly. How good is that. Even though there’s no such thing as too much macaroni, sometimes it’s a hassle preparing a whole pot worth when all you want is a single serve to nibble on while you binge watch Black Mirror.
So get your gooey cheesy cravings satisfied with the full recipe here, or scroll down.
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni noodles
- 1/2 cup milk or water (milk will make the macaroni and cheese creamier)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1. Add milk/water and noodles into an oversized mug (I used a 20 ounce mug). Place the mug on a large plate (this is to catch the overflow of water/milk that occurs when cooking). Microwave for 1 minute, then stir, making sure noodles do not stick to the bottom. Microwave for an additional 1 minute and stir again. Noodles should be almost cooked at this point and most of the liquid should be gone. How much more you need to cook will depend on your microwave. I microwaved mine an additional 30 seconds.
2. If you are using water, you may have a little water left. Pour this out. If using milk, it should be mostly gone and you can keep any that remains. Immediately add in cheese and stir until it completely coats the noodles. If you’re using very finely shredded cheese, it should completely melt. If you are using thicker shredded cheese, you may need to microwave for an additional 20 seconds and stir again before it’s uniform. Eat immediately.