At FoodPorn, we’re huge fans of mashing two of our favourite foods together. We’re talking sushi burritos, taco pizzas… the possibilities are endless.
Our new fave is this the MEAT PIE BURGER. Ughhh we’re hungry already.
Have a look at the recipe here, or scroll down.
MEAT PIE BURGER
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 large Onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- raw pie crust homemade or store bought
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 slices Cheddar Cheese
- Place the butter into a frying pan with the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium high heat to brown and cook, adjusting the heat as needed to avoid burning. Cook about 40 minutes until deep brown.
- Add the thyme, mustard, worcestershire, and honey and cook another 2 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut rounds from the pie crust. You want it to be thicker than normal pie crust, about 1/4 inch, so double up the dough if needed. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes to brown and cook through.
- Form 3 burger patties the same size as the pie dough rounds. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in a hot frying pan with some oil to medium, melting the cheese on top after you flip.
- Build the burger with a pie crust first, then a little mayo, then the burger, then the onion jam, then the top crust. Serve.