So it’s obvious that we LOVE rainbow food here at Food Porn. Just when we thought we couldn’t find anything cooler, we found UNICORN POPCORN.
It combines the best parts of popcorn, the salty goodness and the addictiveness of it, with all the fun of rainbows to spice things up!
Get your heart prepared for how adorable this is, and get ready to never want to go back to normal popcorn again.
Recipe here, or scroll down!
- 2 cups un-popped popcorn
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tblspn coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ tspn salt
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 4-5 food coloring options
- Sprinkles–all sorts
- Prepare as many sheets of aluminum foil on flat surfaces as you have food coloring options. Set aside.
- Be prepared to work quickly…
- While you pop your popcorn, place your sugar, oil, water, salt and vanilla in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir the sugar mixture until it’s completely liquified.
- Separate the popcorn evenly into as many large bowls as you have food coloring options. Set aside.
- Separate the sugar mixture into as many small bowls as you have food coloring options.
- Add 5-8 drops of food coloring to each of the small bowls of sugar mixture and stir until the color is consistent throughout.
- Pour one color of sugar mixture over each of the bowls of popcorn and stir, stir, stir until the color coats it completely. Repeat for each color.
- Spread each color popcorn over a prepared aluminum foil surface.
- Toss sprinkles of every kind over it before it dries.
- Allow to dry for at least 2 hours until no longer soggy.