Bruuhh. Waffles + Smores = the perfect combination.
We love our crazy combination foods here at FoodPorn, and this amazing recipe for Waffle Smores has really tickled our fancy.
The legends over at The Cupcake Chronicles have invented this masterpiece. Give it a shot at home to die and go to actual ~food heaven~.
Full recipe here, or scroll down!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of honey
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- Preheat waffle iron to a medium heat
- In a mixing bowl combine flours, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl whisk together butter, honey, milk and vanilla
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms (the batter will be much thicker than typical waffle batter)
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes
- Measure 1/4 cup of the dough and place on a section of the waffle iron
- Close iron and let cook for 3 minutes
- Carefully remove from waffle iron (they will be fragile and soft) and let cool
- Place desired amount of marshmallows on one waffle and desired amount of chocolate chips on another waffle.
- Place on a baking sheet and put in warm oven for a few seconds, until marshmallows start to melt
- Remove and press sandwich together
These are best eaten immediately after making, however, they can be microwaved for 15-30 seconds to make them soft again. If you don’t have whole wheat flour you can substitute all-purpose flour. You can also use marshmallow fluff instead of marshmallows. Peanut butter or Nutella can also be used in place of the chocolate chips.